Wednesday, February 5, 2020

We Made It!!!!!

Yesterday was our Whole 30 Day #30 (insert balloons and confetti) and it came and went. Nothing exciting...chia seed pudding, salad, approved dressing, sloppy joe on potatoes, fruits and veggies. But the real excitement was that it was day 30! We did it. We finished 30 days with something that started out really hard and ended up becoming a habit. I stopped by the store last night to buy non dairy coffee creamer and the regular stock up on veggies (Wednesday is prep day) and a few other things but I still read every label and only left with 1 item we couldn't have eaten because of sugar and the amount was minimal at best. During Whole 30 you couldn't recreate snacks or dishes with approved items because it was all about retraining the mind. I am excited to start recreating but still following the "approved" list. Today since we reintroduced this non dairy creamer we will sit on that for a few days before we add something new.

Today is all about my wonderful cup of coffee. Its been the talk since yesterday started, "this will be the last day of coffee tasting like coffee" or " Guess what I can have tomorrow?" Funny thing is after every drink of this amazing hot drink I wait to see if my stomach will have discomfort. Its crazy because there is nothing indicating there might be. I feel so.....cautious.

During the 30 days I only had heartburn 1 time instead of daily. Bloating....nope nothing food related. Breakouts?? Again nope my skin is smooth and less red than it has been a real long time. Being energized and the over all great feeling is the reward of dedication and good choices. Not to mention I lost 10 pounds and the hubs lost 17 pounds .... another fabulous reward.

We will keep on one day at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on, keeping on

If I was counting it would be day 45 and I'm not because I wouldn't have been able to have the lovely ever so small sliver of tripl...