Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Keep on, keeping on

If I was counting it would be day 45 and I'm not because I wouldn't have been able to have the lovely ever so small sliver of triple chocolate cheese cake on Valentines 🎔 


I often think post whole30 is a much bigger challenge than following a rule book. We had these big ideas of reintroducing 1 item a week but that proved harder than in our planning stage. We went a bit crazy last week with our "reintroducing" and here we are, this week, eating by the rule book again. Our bodies reacted to the majority of the foods and it just isn't worth the crappy feeling. 

Rice was the first thing we added... well because cauliflower rice is right up there with kale for me. 🖓 We love rice and it loves us. The hubs had a gluten free hamburger bun and he said it definitely wasn't fireworks when he was eating the bun. We bought a small loaf of good for us bread 2 weeks ago (sandwich craving) and only 2 slices are used so far. I have yet to have any bread and really don't have the craving. Peanuts give me heartburn for some strange reason so those are nixed and I wont be adding dairy back at all and this includes cheese. (minus the ever so tiny sliver of amazing cheesecake that didn't affect me) Before we would buy 2 huge bags of shredded cheese at a time and they would last a few weeks. 2 weeks ago we bought an 8 oz. bag of shredded mozzarella and a half a bag remains. Tonight is spaghetti night and it will be a first for pasta. I battle with adding new foods because I fear my lack of self control in the past. All in all there are serving sizes for a reason.

moderation 
the avoidance of excess or extremes

synonyms:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on, keeping on

If I was counting it would be day 45 and I'm not because I wouldn't have been able to have the lovely ever so small sliver of tripl...