Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Chain reaction

With one change comes another and another ... 

Today is day #23 of this whole 30 journey. The main craving is variety. I suppose there probably is more varieties with meals than we have chose to make but it seems most dishes tend to taste the same in one way or other. Other than that and of course a good cup of coffee to my liking, we arent struggling with the program. 

What is so great is the other changes this has led to. We are striving for health and peace of mind and we are well on our way to both. With starting our one hike a month and working out consistently, we have both decided to sign up for something that will challenge us. Pete has signed up to ride 100 miles from Portland to Pacific City with Reach the Beach in mid May and I will sign up to run the Newport half marathon in June with a goal of finishing in under 2 hours. Both will require us to continue to focus on eating well, drinking a lot of water and sticking with a rigorous training program. We have done all 3 of those but not simultaneously it seems.

Along the lines of health we are catching up on labs, tests and procedures with the MD. I actually have chose a PCP in which I havent had in many years. We also are slowing our roll or at least being more attentive to not wishing our days away. Oh what you notice when you realize there is no need to be busy at every moment. In those moments we are trying very hard to have a good work/life balance. This by far is the hardest for me as I feel my job is consuming but again having the balance may change the feeling.

We havent master everything mentioned above but step one is being aware of it and to continually grow. 

I absolutely love where we are headed and it feels like we are almost back to our "normal"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on, keeping on

If I was counting it would be day 45 and I'm not because I wouldn't have been able to have the lovely ever so small sliver of tripl...