Friday, January 17, 2020

*Snow and Sick Day

Ironic its snowing and I spend the day thinking of gardening. I have BIG plans. Bumper crops would mean canning and dehydrating, something I haven't done for a few years. Nothing like homegrown food and nothing like less trips to the grocery store for fruits and veggies. Gardening is so therapeutic.

Day 12 has been uneventful. I have been battling a nasty head/neck ache for 2 days which has caused me to not be terribly hungry so that has been helpful. In fact I have had no cravings today because of the way I feel. Made Korean chicken tonight and fish sauce was part of the marinade. I was hesitant to use it because I was worried about a fishy taste but we really wanted to try it. The reviews were right no fish taste but the smell when your cooking the chicken was less than desirable. If you can get past that smell, add broccoli (instead of rice) and a salad with pinenuts - Walla  a dinner that will fill you up.

The way we are looking at bread and rice is changing so much. Crazy because 12 days ago we didn't think we could live without it. Tomorrow we are going to a get together with lots of yummy (not approved) food....wish us luck with the temptations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on, keeping on

If I was counting it would be day 45 and I'm not because I wouldn't have been able to have the lovely ever so small sliver of tripl...