Thursday, January 16, 2020

Day 11 - Say what?!

Whole30 the last 11 days


I had meant to start this blog at day 1 but now a recap is in order. Having my husband start this with me has really made it easier. Especially because there aren't any extra temptations of watching him snack on french bread as I eat kale (just say no to kale). Before we started the boys got all of our "not approved" foods that might go bad as well as stuff we wont reintroduce after the 30 days. The Sunday before we started, we gorged on pizza like it was our last meal ever. We were prepared in the fact I had bought specialty items and groceries for meals we had researched. Looked at meals we thought how hard can this be and with that mentally we were ready to start. Or so we thought...…
     
By the beginning of day 3 we found out quickly that meal prep is key and that we can not eat chicken and green beans for the next 28 days. Menu planning and making plenty of extras is also was high on the to do list. That Wednesday I prepped food like I was a chef. We now had items to grab on the go. 

Day 5 oh how we miss rice, bread, cheese, creamer and the list could go on. At the end of the day our conversations now consist of asking each other if we could have 1 food item what would it be and then taking a moment of silence for those unattainable delectable. It has now turned mental. We somehow think by not eating rice or pasta we wont fill up. Funny enough with every meal we have eaten we are satisfied but that thought reoccurs. Coffee is a whole new ballgame. We found an approved creamer but it isn't sweet and coffee tastes like....well coffee. But we keep drinking it even though it isn't as pleasurable. Strange.

Day 7 Cauliflower rice is almost an acquired taste. I love cauliflower but my mind is calling my bluff when I put it under my stir fry. My husband and I often talk about what we will reintroduce first and right now it will be rice. Sparingly.

Day 8 we realized if we had done this challenge during the summer, the variety of vegetables would have been greater as well as fruits (although fruits are eaten sparingly) We also are hungry. Not all the time but the feeling happens several times during the day. Am I really hungry or is this me thinking I am hungry? I use to eat something every 2 hours. Mind you I ate tons of veggies and no sugar items but I loved snacky foods, the ones not allowed on Whole30. This is the one time our consuming jobs are a good thing. No time to think of chocolate cake or bagels.

Day 9 I just want to order take out. Grueling day at work and the last thing I want to do is cook. Tuesdays are the day before one of our 2 meal prep days and so dinner we fend for ourselves. Just give me a taco and i'm good.....no... grilled cheese and I would be even better. 

Day 10  Today is prep day and at the store I find myself reading the labels of EVERY kind of food. Most are full of additives and I immediately try to figure out how I can make it at home. I spent almost 4 hours prepping but that includes recipe searching. Today I discovered the amazing Larabar. The fact that they taste amazing AND they are approved makes me happy. I will be sticking with these well beyond the 30 days. Pete started working out and I do believe I will be following suite here real soon.

Day 11  I was actually not hungry today but I also drank 90 ounces of water by 3pm and currently working on another 30 ounces.  The topic of conversation tonight was all about changes in our bodies. We both haven't experienced heart burn since day 2 and this was something we battled at some point every day. We also aren't bloated and having stomach issues including being gassy. Our clothes are starting to feel a bit more comfortable. All this is so exciting and also very motivating!

Onto Day 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on, keeping on

If I was counting it would be day 45 and I'm not because I wouldn't have been able to have the lovely ever so small sliver of tripl...